Monday, January 30, 2012

Honey Ice Release Candidate 3 Released -- Some Problem Persist

It's 2 days now since the dev at tabletroms release their work on Honey Ice Release Candidate 3. As we all know, Honey Ice was an update series for vegacomb 3.2. But from what we read on the forum, this release may be a forced release. Many issue the dev said has been fixed, but yet they haven't. The touch screen, bluetooth, wifi and some more. I have flash with the update, but tonight, I flash back to the previous release, because I found it more problematic.
The browser still forced closed. Google Map and some application also forced close. The oversensitive touch screen is still the main complain of some. From my opinion, I don't know what's has been improved in this release. Nothing to feel really, for me. The internal GPS also still unusable. Playing high quality video still giving the ROM a hard time. The accelerometer, this is my special attention, because I use the tablet for most to play a game that utilized the sensor, practically crap! The lag is still not allowed me to use it with gaming.

Where is VegaICS?
I now turn my hope to VegaICS, although it is still alpha, looks more promising than the Honeycomb complement. The guy who developed it seem to be more "conservative" than the dev of honey ice, who is in my opinion, developing to break everything. So, unless there is something that the dev of honey ice offer that is true for me, I'll stick to the Vegacomb 3.2 release 9 update 3 and hoping for the next release of Vega ICS from Cass.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, i am conservative.. trying to get as stable a rom as possible while remaining as close to AOSP as possible ... no outrageous hacks in VegaICS for the foreseeable future :)

    Cheers for the coverage !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you were here! Thank u for spending your time reading my blog. I've been following VegaICS on tabletroms closely.

      Cheers!

      Delete